Thursday, January 17, 2008

366- Memorial Statue

I was thinking of places to go to take some photos for 366 today, and it hit me that there was a place that I hadn't been in a while. When hubby got home we got in the car and took a drive up to the Living Memorial Sculpture Gardens. It was nearing sunset. I've been to this place many times before, but never really saw it in the same light. So for today I have 3 photos but I'm only using 2 of the themes.
The memorial wall lists names of people who have served in some branch of the military during various combats. The two names listed in my collage are that of my very special Grandfather and Uncle. The sculpture with it's hands opened up to the sky is the top piece of "the Why Group". The group with the flag is titled "the Greatest Generation". I loved the way the light reflected on this piece. And my favorite sculpture at the gardens is the one titled "Nurses". I don't really know why it's my favorite, but it always has been, for as long as I've been a visitor here.

Monument:











Statue:









No comments: