Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Vacation--Oregon Coast

Instead of taking long vacations in the summer, we do weekend trips. Mostly we go camping, drag the trailer around, go fishing, and always have lots of fun.

For Father's day weekend we went to Brookings, Oregon. Normally when we go to the coast we get a motel, but I convinced my hubby to do something different this time. We went camping, tent camping, with our little ones. An adventure!

...It was Gracie's very first Ocean adventure, and the first time Anna could actually run & enjoy herself and the sand....

...Saturday morning Anna & Daddy caught a caterpillar. They let it crawl on them, from their head...to their toes. ...

...We went to a park, and drove around for a little sight seeing. Richie drove water truck in Brookings for about a month during the Biscuit Fire, so he had been to the top of this ridge before, but I hadn't. He had hoped it was a bit clearer up there, but it was just as it was the rest of the weekend, cloudy....

...Anna made 'friends' with some seagulls..



...Daddy & his girls waiting for the waves to wash up...

...Me & my girlies, posing for Daddy...

...Anna LOVED playing in the sand...throwing it, squishing it, running in it, making it muddy, it didn't matter, it was dirt, & she was happy...

...Then it was time to come home, right after this, I asked her to show me a pretty smile, wouldn't do it, so I said, "Smile for Fum-Fum" (Grandma), she did, quickly, then told me "No, I Supemodel" ---boy do I have my hands FULL!!!

2 comments:

Stacey J. said...

Aww I love the oregon coast....I love clamming in the morning and crabbing in the afternoon. I have great memories of it!
Love the look of the blog and all the wonderful pictures you have on lately!
stacey

Unknown said...

It's probably my all time favorite place to visit. :-) Haven't done any clamming/crabbing/ocean fishing, but I could walk the beach for hours looking for shells/agates/beach glass...
Thanks.