Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Wishes & Some Fun

My Granny was my best friend.

I spent every summer at her & Pa's home growing up & would visit as often as I could. One summer we decided to go for a picnic at the creek, as we were crossing, the rock slipped, and Granny fell in. At a resturant once, I wanted to pour the ketchup onto my own plate...opps it went into Grannys snow white hair! We would go to 'town' on Thursdays, because that was when all the sales & Senior days were & I always got to ride in the front seat.

I can remember, I would be be ready to come home, get on my way, and change my mind by the time I got home, the next day, my Pa would make the hour drive and pick me back up. He would be there no matter the weather. Granny taught me so many things; cooking (add a few drops of yellow food coloring to chicken 'n' dumplins), crochet (I was pretty proficient at the Granny Square), Sorry!, Rummy & Yathzee (we played often) and so much more.
She was such a strong, independant, loving woman. We had a very special relationship and I miss her oh so much.
Today would have been my Granny's 78th birthday, so Happy Birthday, hope they're throwing you one heck of a party up there in heaven. Love You Always!
One of the things I did countless times at Granny's was crafts. And I love doing crafts with my girls. Usually for every occasion. Father's day is this Sunday so we spent our morning creating a special gift for Daddy.

...We needed paint & glitter...

...we opted for blues, green, & yellow this year...

...Anna gets to do it all by herself...

..while Grace just lays on the floor and watches....

She did get to get in on the painting action though, we needed her footprints. As I painted her precious little tooties, she laughed and laughed. And another milestone... after today she'll be doing a lot more than just laying there. She's now rolling over from her back to her tummy.

Enjoy your weekend... I'll post the finshed products on Sunday evening/nite, since we'll be at the Southern Oregon Coast for the weekend. Yay! for Vacation!