Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas...{My LIfe}

...was had by all.

The last week is pretty much a blur. We spent about 12 hours in one day baking & making all different kinds of little candies. I ♥ all the kitchen time, especailly when my girls are able to help & Fum-Fum (my girls' affectionate name for Grandma) gets to come hang out with us.

...the girls were very good taste testers, here they are sampling the Peppermint Marshmellows...

...finally getting around to getting frosting on the cookies, we had 2 different kinds of frosting, because my nephew is allergic to milk. We did a buttercreame for some & a glaze for the others...

We did things a little different on Christmas Eve, and took a little driving tour to deliver gifts to my husbands family. Making a couple of stops, then looking at a few light displays. Our plans of driving around looking at lots of lights had to change slightly, the little town we were visiting didn't have any power.

It was the worst Christmas eve dinner I can remember having, the past 3 years we've held some sort of event at our home, where I made a huge dinner (thanks to Granny for teaching me how to cook for an army). The first year, my father-in-laws pump house caught fire in the middle of dinner (OPPS), the following year my mashed potatoes ran over in the oven & those caught fire. Glad we're past that, but BLT's for dinner on Christmas Eve, just seems wrong!

We definately made up for it on Christmas day though. We along with most of my family joined together at my sister's mother-in-laws home. It was a great day. LOTS of food. Turkey, Ham & lots of fixins...desserts.
It was little Grace's first Christmas, and I think she enjoyed herself. Although she didn't want anything to do with unwrapping gifts, she really liked playing with her sisters new gifts. It was a different experience than Anna's first Christmas for sure...she was still just sitting/crawling. Grace was pretty much into everything!

...The girls enjoying their quiet Christmas morning, gift opening was followed by homemade fresh blueberry pancakes, with sausage & eggs....

...Grace showing off her new boots...

I hope that you all had a great Christmas as well. Shared with family, friends & lots of love. ♥

1 comment:

denise olson said...

wishing you lots of wellness this coming year!! Lots to endure, but more love to be shared....hugs to you too Amanda!!!