Saturday, January 17, 2009

~A Day in our World~

Yesterday I thought that I would just take photos throughout our day. Everyday things that we do. Then I looked back and noticed I did a similar post in December, around the same date. So I'm going to attempt to do 1 day per month, and document a day in our world.

We live in a little valley, so a lot of mornings in the winter we wake up with fog. It wasn't too thick yesterday, not like it had been the few days before. Some days it never burns off, so it's dark and gloomy, but yesterday the sun came out and it was beautiful...still cold, but a nice day.

And everyday after I open the curtains we begin our day. Mine starts with this (at least during pregnancy). First blood sugar check, then get breakfast fot the little one & myself, then some vitamins. While I'm getting things ready for our day & taking care of a few of the things I need to get done in a day the Lil' miss is well occupied with some Curious George or something else on PBS.

This is what I see everyday, but only while I'm sitting, which currently is for about 90% of the day.

I've taken on a few projects in the last couple of weeks though. I've mentioned quilting/sewing. This weeks project has been a 'Cars' quilt for Lil' Anna's 2nd birthday. It's almost finished, I just have to trim the edges and bind it together.

Since I'm thinking about her birthday already (it will be a busy month), I thought I better do a trial run with the cake pan I bought. I've never done a shaped cake, so didn't want to be going in blind. Did a little research on the pan & some recipes ideas. She's a chocolate lover, so her cake will be chocolate for sure, still not certain on the way I will frost/decorate it. I'm thinking fondant for the bottom & frosting on the top, but we'll see.

This sample cake, which I'll take to church Sunday to share, is a chocolate with strawberry filling and cream cheese frosting. I came up with the idea from a brownie recipe I have that is chocolate crust with cheesecake filling and strawberry on top. My icing was a bit soft and I didn't have any more powdered sugar...oh well next time!

Something else that's an 'everyday' at our house, is text messaging and reading something from my Bible. Yesterday I read in Matthew chapter 7. I came out with a few important thoughts for the weekend.

1-2 "Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging will be the standard by which you will be judged." This is something that we're working on especially hard this year.

7 "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." With all the other news and goings on this week in our lives, this passage revives our hope.

12 The Golden Rule "Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."

And at 2 years old, being able to have 'big girl' treats is the best. Our special rewards/allowances consists of moneys (she loves putting the spare change into her pig) this has worked well the past week for getting her to sleep in her own bed. One of her favorite things is getting her finger and toenails painted.

And it's just another day in our lives.

No comments: