Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th {My Life}

Hopefully everyone had a great 4th of July holiday. I know we did. We kept it pretty low-key, neither of us are really the crowd of people type.
We started our morning with pancakes & just hung out for a while. In the afternoon, we took a drive down to check out a campground, with the intention of staying there for a picnic lunch, but meanwhile, both girls were sound asleep in the car. Taking advantage of peaceful naptime, we drove back into town to a local park and had our picnic there.

...our first family picnic...

...sleepy girl, just waking up from her nap...

...the little water bug...

...after trying to get herself a drink from the overly tall fountain...

After lunch I did a little mini-session with my kids, since I've been hearing complaints that there are no photos of Gracie girl, gracing the walls of relatives homes. Their bows were my mid-morning project. They are so fun to make, and the girls are adorable in them.

..."Buggie" 2 years -- Baby Gracie almost 5 months...

...Twinkly Toes (I'm pretty sure my hubby thinks I'm crazy!)...

That evening we took my hubby's grandma to ice cream and to the local fireworks show.

...and again this year, we sat with a light directly in front of our view...!

No comments: