Friday, December 26, 2008

~*Merry Christmas*~

Christmas day has come and gone, it seems to come quicker every year, and be gone before a blink. I typically don't pack my camera around at family events, just because I like to enjoy the moments.
I was asked on Christmas eve to take a family shot of the entire group that we had at our home for dinner (it's the once in a blue moon gathering of my hubbys side, aka: the outlaws).

We had his younger brother, girlfriend, & their 2 kids, Gramma, both of his parents, his sister and her son, and our little family all in our house, it was quite an adventure! You should have seen their faces as I was getting from one end of the house to the other to get this photo. Lets just say they weren't too fond of my growing preggo-belly moving rapidly dodging furniture and toys to get back in time (my remote wouldn't work!!)

I also took a few on Christmas morning. It was my little girls 2nd Christmas.

Seeing her gifts from Santa for the first time.

Trying out her new 'itty tat slip-lips'.

She's oh so proud of her new belt! She wore that thing all day. When asked to show it off she would stick out her belly and waddle towards whomever asked about it. It was priceless.

We started a few new family traditions this year; making handmade ornaments (that my daughter got to help with, she loves doing craft 'rojects'), & reading in our Bible the story of Jesus' birth Christmas night before bed. We also read a differnt Christmas story every night of December up until Christmas eve, where we read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.

Something out of the ordinary this year was having my hubbys grandma spending the night with us. I know she enjoyed herself and getting to spend the day with her grandson and great-granddaughter. We probably won't make that a tradition, but it was our little gift to her. Christmas day we spent with my mom's side of the family and I didn't take any photos.

My camera always manages to get where we are going, but never out of the case! It was a day of celebration, food, family, & fun. We'll be having another family gathering on Sunday with my dad's side of the family, maybe I'll actually get the camera outta the case on that day!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and prosperous new year to come. May the spirit of Christmas be with you throughout the beginnings of 2009 and continue to grow in your heart as the year ages.

No comments: